There are two railway systems in operation
- Zambia Railways Limited is a state-owned enterprise. It operates passenger services as follows:
- Livingstone - Lusaka - Kitwe
- A short commuter service in Lusaka
- A Livingstone - Mulobezi mixed train
- The Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA), which operates the New Kapiri Mposhi - Dar es Salaam (Tanzania) line.
- Online: unofficial timetable information is available at Fahrplancenter. Note that this may be out of date.
- Printed: summary timetables are available in some editions of the European Rail Timetable.
Extensive information is available at the Man in Seat 61, including the TAZARA line from Tanzania.
World Rail Atlas - North, East and Central Africa by Neil Robinson.
1,067 mm (3ft 6in)
Rule of the road
All lines are single track